Thursday, February 2, 2012

Sculptures by the Sea



Brighton Jetty Classic Sculptures

In keeping with my fitness regime, I have been completing a 5km walk a few times a week in-between gym classes. My husband has been trying to drag me along to do this walk for goodness knows how long, as it is along the beach and also within close proximity to a rather large set of stairs and a very steep ramp, for him to climb and torture himself while I happily walk and take in the beach air, pram in tow.

To my surprise the walk was fabulous, moreso on a summer night when a nice breeze is sweeping through; I've become addicted. The beach, the sunset, the cute elderly couples walking arm-in-arm, and this week the Brighton Jetty Classic Sculptures, or as I call it 'Sculptures by the Sea'.

It is an outdoor exhibit of sculptures created by local artists, which also acts as a competition to win various cash prizes.

Throughout all my walks this week, I have had the pleasure to stop and look at each sculpture, some are quite sweet and I have taken some photos of my favourites (including the above image, which is my favourite)...









1 comment:

  1. Hi There,

    Love the name of your site, I wanted to follow you emediatly (hope I say it right) LOL

    I am from holland and I write my blog in English because I want to learn the language better.

    What a beautiful sculptures, it's really amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting <3