Saturday, April 6, 2013

The 'Zsa Zsa Zu'



Later this month my husband and I are celebrating our third Wedding Anniversary. It's not a milestone by any means, the time for us has gone relatively quickly, but it's still three years of our lives that is worth celebrating. It has really been three wonderful years. And there will be many more.

In my growth to being the adult I am today, I've made mistakes in life but it's made me aware of what is vital to me. And what's vital to me above all else is love. The love I have for my children, and the love I have for my husband. And it's also made me realise just how important it is (to me) to have that 'Zsa Zsa Zu' (thanks Sex and The City!) - it's something I had been mindful of before I met him, and something I make a conscious effort to maintain in our relationship.

Recently we had some professional photos taken, just because. For no other reason than wanting some photos of the two of us without a purpose. We weren't having a baby, we weren't getting married - we were just us. I wanted some photos that showed us who we are as a couple. No family shots, just a husband and a wife that are just as madly in love as the day we met... and we are.

What is 'us' is the beach. We LOVE the beach. And stupid jokes... 'Dad' jokes. The kind of jokes that you laugh because they're completely random, make very little sense, and they're not overly funny. And stupid faces and 'inside jokes' - where just a word, or a facial expression brings a cackle. That's us.

And these photos captured the just us perfectly. They captured that 'Zsa Zsa Zu'...










Photos were taken by Carol Lange from Wild Lilly Studio

3 comments:

  1. And that is why next weekend We are doing what we are doing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos Meg and wild lilly, your photos are so beautiful and natural.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting <3