Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Combatting the Bulge



I am on a journey to lose weight. As of yesterday, I am back at the gym and will be committing myself to at least 3 classes a week... And my goodness I've missed it!

My favorite class at the gym is Body Combat, and I'm a little disappointed that my gym only offers this class once a week... BUT they've started a new class called 'Boxing', which is similar in that you're using karate etc but you're actually hitting something! I'm going tonight for the first time with a friend, so fingers crossed I like this one and can add this to my list of classes each week.

I don't have a great deal of weight to lose and I know I should be grateful for that, but I am really struggling with my appearance. To get down to my pre-pregnancy weight I've got 5kgs to lose, but my ultimate goal is to get to my weight on our wedding day 18-months ago which means I need to lose 10kgs.

I'm going to weigh in each Wednesday "Weigh-in Wednesday".

Oh and yes!! I realize that this is a tad ironic given my current addiction to dessert making, but I believe that weight loss is all about portion control. I am still going to eat what I want to, but just have smaller portion sizes... So my recipes and yummy food will still be here!!

Hopefully by Christmas I will be somewhere between my first mini-goal and my ultimate goal, it's 6ish weeks away so if I aim for 1kg a week then it's possible!

So today's weight is 68.5kgs.
My mini-goal is 63.5kgs and from there I will try and get to 58kgs (wedding weight)

I've never been one to go by my scales though, I tend to compare myself to how I fit in my clothing. I've always been someone who goes to the gym, so having to stop so early in my pregnancy meant that before yesterday I hadn't been to the gym in 12-months! At the moment I am not at all happy with the excess skin on my belly (obviously a result of a large baby!) and also my bum and thighs, so those are my target areas. In addition to this, I've lost the tone in my arms which I really really loved, and my collarbone seems to be hiding. As long as I get to a point where I am fitting in my clothes nicer I am happy, especially considering that classes at the gym mean I may put on some muscle. Not that I am using this as a reason to stop before I get to my goals though, but I am being realistic that numbers aren't everything. To me it's more about having that self confidence... And at the moment I have next to none.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting <3