Saturday, November 5, 2011

Say Cheesecake!


I've just created what I hope is the most decadent cheesecake known to man. Yes I know, just a tad over the top, but I am craving this so badly that tomorrow feels so far away!

I've been trying all week to utilise the cream cheese and condensed milk that is sitting in my kitchen... and after this I still have 1 of each left, sigh! It's been fun though, I thought they'd be all used in one recipe so I've really enjoyed researching desserts and having it spread throughout numerous dishes.

So, here is my recipe for my Aero (Mint) Cheesecake!

Ingredients:

Base
1 packet Arnott's "Granita" Biscuits
1/2 cup melted butter

Cheescake Mix
250ml tub cream cheese (Philadelphia)
1/2 cup icing sugar
1 cup whipped cream
1 block Aero chocolate

Method
1. Blend biscuits until resembling fine bread crumbs. Add melted butter and mix.
2. Press into greased dish and chill for approx. 1hour or until firm.
3. Mix cream cheese and icing sugar in a bowl.
4. Fold in whipped cream.
5. Smash Aero into small pieces and add to the mixture (keep some for decoration if you like)
6. Pour mixture on top of biscuit base and sprinkle kept Aero on top
7. Chill for another hour and then it's ready to eat!!

You can also substitute Aero for any other chocolate bar... Toblerone, Flake, Crunchie, Coconut Rough (ooooh that'd be awesome!!!), the possibilities are enormous!!!

Ps. It's a pretty safe bet to say that this will hinder any diets you're on, so unfortunately you have to share :P

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting <3