Sunday, November 6, 2011

A Day in the Life of a Couch Potato

I want to know what a couch potato actually is... anyone?

I spent practically all day today on the couch (other than the time I spent making my Vanilla Slice). Hubby and a mate went off to some car show at the show grounds, which left me at home with the baby and a girlfriend (hubby's mate's wife... but we were there first!), cue girly time of baking, wine and our favourite show, Offspring.

I was most pleased with our efforts, last time we only managed 4 episodes (bare in mind they're just under an hour each) and I think today we got through 6, 6!! We're watching the show from the pilot (we've had 2 seasons aired on TV) and are almost ending the first season, so it will still take a few more of these Offspring Marathons before we get to the end, but I am not complaining whatsoever.

It was so good to just chill out at home... I know that having a baby means that I am home a lot anyway, but it's so good to have someone there for company whilst at the same time, not have to keep them entertained with conversation. You can just zone out, watch a bit of TV and chit chat, but not focus your whole time on making sure they're not bored, etc. And it helps when you've got a friend who also shares the same likes and dislikes... the amount of things we've got in common is eery sometimes, I must admit! For example, I like to cook... and she likes my cooking!

So with that, no housework got done... well I washed all the dishes that were dirtied and I did one load of washing that is still in the machine, oh and I did vacuum the lounge room this morning because hubby and I filled a new chair with bean bag beans and we had a spillage. I am buggered now, so the washing can wait until tomorrow when I either chuck it in the dryer or hang it on the clothes horse. It feels pretty good to just not be consumed by housework. I'll get to it tomorrow. Maybe.

I can get used to days like today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting <3