Friday, November 4, 2011

A sudden {zest} for life


So I love all things lemon, and considering I've got a bit of time up my sleeve now that I am home with my newest addition, I've been experimenting in the kitchen...

This week I kept it simple and I've made a yummy lemon slice. At first I wasn't so keen, I was researching recipes for a cheesecake as I've got some condensed milk and cream cheese to use, but couldn't go past this when I saw how easy it was!

Here's the recipe (Courtesy of taste.com.au):

Ingredients:

Base
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
100g butter
200g Granita biscuits
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 lemon, rind finely grated

Lemon icing
2 cups icing sugar mixture
40g butter, softened
1 lemon, juiced

Method
Grease and line a 3cm-deep, 15.5cm x 25cm (base) slab pan (see note). Place condensed milk and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes or until butter melts.

Place biscuits in a food processor and process to fine crumbs. Combine crumbs, coconut and 2 teaspoons lemon rind in a bowl. Add hot butter mixture. Stir until well combined.
Press biscuit mixture into prepared pan. Refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours or until firm.

Make lemon icing: Place icing sugar mixture, butter and 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice in a bowl. Beat with a wooden spoon until smooth. Spread icing over slice. Refrigerate for a further 30 minutes or until icing has set. Cut into pieces. Serve!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting <3