Monday, April 2, 2012

Bye Glamour{hood}

Say hello to 'Mum on the Run'. And goodbye to 'Glamour{hood}'.

Mum on the Run has been created as a replacement to GH - A Blog that I grew quite fond of, but given my current circumstances and my desire to combine my passions, it was decide that Glamour{hood} be retired in favour of this new story.

Glamour{hood} was young + it didn't really have 'it'. I don't particularly know what 'it' was to begin with, but I struggled to find where it fit in with everything else in my life... and honestly, it just didn't.

MOTR (or how I like to call it MOtheR), is a blog about being a mother and raising two amazing little men. It's about being a loving wife. A loyal friend. And most recently, a business owner.

7-weeks ago, I was sitting at home, on the couch, having a quiet afternoon + rest on Facebook, killing time before having to leave the house to pick up Logan at school. I'm minding my own business (or as much as you can whilst on what is known to be 'stalkerbook') and I notice a post pop up from a fellow page, Adelaide Baby Bargains about a woman who has recently moved to Adelaide. She wanted to know how to go about meeting mums, but her children were just that little bit older.

Within seconds, this particular post had a lot of interest, and it didn't take me long to recognise a common theme: There was nothing available here. Not unless you joined a Playgroup, Sporting Club or anything else that meant either commitment, or money.

Instantly, as if by a sudden rush, I emailed the owner of ABB and ran her through my idea. It was brief. I wanted to create a page to cater to these women, but I wanted to make sure she was OK with it. After all, the inspiration came from her page.

Within minutes, I got a reply: "Of Course!"

I quickly rushed, set up a quick + basic page... designed a quick logo (which has turned out to be the BEST decision!), and 'Adelaide Mummy Meetings' was born.

That day was February 15th 2012. It's now the 2nd April and I have over 1,800 Members (Mummies). It's been a whirlwind. It's been amazing.

So please welcome 'Mum on the Run'. And farewell the short-lived Glamour{hood}.
I've decided to keep some of my favourite entries... so I hope you enjoy what remains!

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting <3