Sunday, April 22, 2012

Happy Wedding Anniversary




Cameron and I recently celebrated our 2nd Wedding Anniversary.
Two years of wedded bliss. Two amazing years.

Our wedding day, as cliche as it is, was the most happiest day of my life. It wasn't just about us becoming 'Husband' and 'Wife', it was about us officially becoming a family. It was a day celebrated with those most dear to us, and those guests to this day still talk about it and reminisce with us.

The day was happy, relaxed and full of love. And I cherished every single moment.

I find myself going back through photos often. The little things; the location, my flowers, Cameron's emotion, Logan's outfit... every little detail was perfect and I love going back through it all. I want to remember it all as if it were yesterday because now, it feels as if it was such a long time ago, especially when raising children.

The two years since being married have been the happiest years of my life, thus far. They've not been without their challenges (health issues, financial issues, etc.) but as far as our relationship, and our marriage goes, we could not be any stronger or any happier.

I've met my perfect match, that perfect person for me. And I married him.
Cameron makes me laugh like noone I have ever met.
He's that perfect combination of childish and mature.
We have inside jokes. And they're stupid to anyone that doesn't understand.
But we understand, and we smile together and laugh at it's stupidity.

We love. We don't go to bed angry.
We often go to bed in laughing fits from calling each other random insults.
To anyone on the outside of our relationship, that seems unhealthy, but to us... it's us.
It's what makes us laugh together, it's the moment before we go to sleep that we share and forget about what bills haven't been paid, or what chores haven't been done.

We laugh at stupid name calling. And I love it.

He lets me crack the shits. He understands my need to crack the shits, because he understands I need an outlet. And he's there to listen to my apology for said shit cracking.

I love him for knowing me more than I know myself.

I love that he's a thinker. He analyses. He listens. He plans.
That he knew how obsessed I was about Paris and the Eiffel Tower, that he could not let that moment pass without making it something monumental. So he proposed to me there. That one event in my life would have been enough, it satisfied me enough to feel like the luckiest woman in the world.

We are a team. We are a family. We have strong family values.
He is a family man. He is a provider.

He is the nicest and most genuine person I have ever known.
And he married me.

Little me.

I sometimes joke to him that he 'settled' for the first woman. That he decided he wanted to get married and have a family... and it just so happened that I was the next woman he met. And 'I would do'.

And to some extent, I get scared somedays that he will wake up and realise that he really could have done so much better than 'little me'. He could have met someone without baggage, without the moodiness and the aforementioned shit-cracking.

But then I think of what we have and the life we have created. Not just in Ryder, but our home... our great lives beyond our finances. We really are happy, and very lucky.

And most importantly, we are madly in love.

So, here's to my favourite 2-years. Happy Anniversary!!

I love you more than yesterday, but less than tomorrow xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting <3