Monday, April 9, 2012

Counting Down the Days...




I haven't been out 'on the town' for a long time. Like over 12-months.

It's been a good break, I have been a bit over the whole drinking/dancing/clubbing scene for a while now, but there's a part of going out and having some cocktails and a bit of a boogy with the girls that I really love. I don't know if it's the fun factor (you know, having a laugh, a few drinks etc), or if it's just because I am getting out and letting my hair down, but I come home feeling as if I have got it out of my system to last me until the next time, which is usually another couple of months down the track when I am bursting for another night out.

So as you can imagine, right now I am VERY overdue.

I am finding myself dancing in the car. While driving. It's not a cool look, nor does it impress Logan.
Or the adjacent cars.

I find myself dancing while doing housework. While having a shower.
I think that's a pretty good hint that I need to boogy. Big time.

And if it cannot be any more perfectly timed, one of my perfect partners in dancing crime Nicole is coming to visit me in a couple of weeks. She lives in QLD so we don't see each other often... not often enough for two girls who are so well aligned to one another.

The last time we went out, it was only a few weeks prior to me meeting my now husband. It was my birthday, it was messy, but it was a night that I look back on fondly because she was there...

Previous to that, it was a couple of years prior. We got a hotel room in the city and had a messy night/morning/weekend. Again, it was a blast. I look back on this one as probably one of my most favourite nights out. In history of all nights out.

This time around, we plan to 'classy it up' a bit, seeing as we're a bit older and apparently a bit wiser.
So we've planned a High Tea, a night out and some winery touring... and plenty of time in between to relax, shop and catch up on the 2+ years it has been since we last saw each other. Yes, it has really been THAT long.

I cannot wait!
I cannot contain my excitement!


xxx

1 comment:

  1. You're the best partner in crime (aka, friend) a girl could ever want xx

    PS I am beginning to wonder if it's at.all.possible that you could have picked a photo where I was any more drunk!? HAHA. Good times, babe.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting <3