Friday, May 11, 2012

The Media Hungry




I'm female, I love celebrity gossip. But I don't like celebrity gossip when it involves marriage breakdowns where children are involved. It's unavoidable I know, but it's really sad watching these poor kids getting dragged through these situations with the world watching. Like it's not difficult enough having their Mummy and Daddy not together anymore.

What aggravates me however are the parents that milk it and involve their children in the media. Willingly.

I don't get it.

Take the latest break-up with Grant Hackett and his wife (or soon to be ex-wife). Both of their media statements, which were released a week ago stated that they want privacy 'in this very difficult time' (you can always guarantee that same line is created in EVERY break up statement!)... yet here we are a week later and there's an interview in a top magazine. WHY?!


You asked for privacy, remember?!

I really don't care what the reasons are behind their split. It seems like it it was a case of trying to tame someone that didn't want to be tamed, and quiet honestly that's a common cause for relationship breakdowns. But because she can sing, and he can swim they make the news.

Those poor gorgeous children.

Too young to Google, but not for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting <3