Thursday, May 10, 2012

Random Me

I've just hung up from one of those conversations where the giggles consume me. I'm nearly 30. And I was giggling like a child.

I love it.

I am random. In every sense of the word. And I have come to appreciate the fun that can come from said randomness. And all the giggles.

I find it equally funny how someone so meticulous, so planned and structured can be so random. I am a perfectionist, I have systems and routines. There used to be a time where that girl didn't know how to giggle, or know how to let go of all the seriousness and just laugh for the sake of laughing. Because life isn't about being a grown up all the time.

I've learnt to laugh. I've learnt to acknowledge the moments where the seriousness needs to be pushed aside for the sake of fun. And fun is fun.

As for exactly what the laughing was about... well you're just going to have to wait for that one.

6 comments:

  1. Laughter is so good for the soul, isn't it? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. SO much!!
      I don't think I would be able to appreciate life, or love life as much as I do if it wasn't for my ability to stop and laugh. Don't get me wrong, I am still learning though! xx

      Delete
  2. I love to laugh some adults do not get that in some situations is just beter to relax and laugh. I have 4 kids sometimes seeing the funny side to things that arent to serous keeps you able to relax and deal with it.I try to leave my stress to times when my kids are doing something that is distructive or unsafe.anyway i coment to much ty great blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way, not too much at all!!
      I completely understand what you mean. And I used to be one of those adults that didn't know how to. I was stuck in being a mum/wife and assuming that meant having a serious face on all the time. And it's not. I am still who I am, I just happen to juggle more than what I used to, but I am still fun. And I still laugh.
      And yes, learning to laugh can stop you from going crazy... it does in my house!! xx

      Delete
  3. This post resonated with me. I've just got through a stage of being wayyy too serious and life's too short not to laugh. When life gives us lemons is exactly when we need to be random or have a good sense of humour to get through! Thanks Meg- Lauren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all about finding that balance hun... and it's something a lot of people struggle with. Me included.
      But you're right, life IS too short not to laugh. We just have to start with the basics... read a joke book, go onto damnyouautocorrect.com, or have a husband that behaves like a child (yes, he does at times and it works!). Laughter is the best medicine! xxx

      Delete

Thanks for commenting <3