Thursday, January 5, 2012

Christmas, Catch Up and Cooking

It's been a mad month. Mad not like I've spent the whole time in a bad mood, but mad as in crazy. I've only just caught my breath. Unfortunately, I've been a bit absent from my blog... It wasn't intentional; I thought of updating it every day, but the time for it has been non existent. So let me fill you in on some of my movements from the last few weeks:

- My son is on school holidays, his first Christmas holidays seeing as he commenced school at the beginning of 2011. He's the sort of kid that needs to be busy all the time, or have something different to do, so sitting at home hasn't been overly possible. Luckily for me, it's been the silly season so we've yet to really have a day of just doing nothing.

- Christmas. Need I say more?! This also marked the first Christmas with the baby so we hosted Christmas at our home and for 2-days it felt like we had a revolving door. It was great though, not overly stressful but ultra busy nonetheless.

- Camping! We took the boys camping up at Lake Albert for a few nights over New Year's Eve. It was bloody hot. Lucky for us, whilst we were camping, we had family staying in the same park that managed to get a cabin with air conditioning, so when it got too much we walked over and used their coldness. It was a great few days, very relaxing... And we are contemplating going at the same time at the end of this year. Must book farther in advance though.

- Mother's Group. I joined a mothers group at the beginning of November, and these meetings finished just before Christmas. Most of us have remained in contact which is great. I've been taking the baby to Aqua Playgroup each Thursday morning (except over Christmas) with one of the mummies, it's great to see how much babies love water! Especially my little dude, he is at one with water, he may as well fall asleep he is so relaxed.

- Cooking. Cooking. Cooking. Notice a trend here? I've been cooking some new things {watch this space!} Tim Tam Tart, Chicken Pies, my famous Gnocci... Better put that diet on hold for a while, that's my recommendation!

Ok so that's a short catch up. Over the next few days I'll try to sit down with my recipes from my latest creations, and also post some topics that have been sitting in my brain for a little while...

Hope you had a great break and spent time with your loved ones <3

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting <3